There are several ways to search for an item in Alice POS. Here’s how to proceed.
How to search for items
- Scan the item label in the search field of the Invoice module;
- Manually enter the item name in the search field of the Invoice module. You can also search manually by entering the UPC code. For serialized items, you can search with the item’s unique serialized code.
Finding serialized items with its unique serialized number can help you find them more easily. This code begins with letters representing your store followed by a series of numbers. For example, say I own a company called POS Super. When creating serialized items, the system will assign a serialized number that starts with POS and ends with digits (for example, POS4350).
How to search an invoice
- Click on the “Display Available Reports” icon under History.
- Select the timeframe when the invoice was created
- Click on View to generate the list of invoices.
- Double click on the invoice to view it.
- Click on the “Search an invoice” icon under History.
- Enter the invoice number (if you have it offhand)
- Click OK to view the invoice.
- Place the cursor in the search bar on the right.
- Scan the invoice’s bar code if you have copy of it
- Go to the Contact module.
- Select a contact or company
- Click on the Invoices tab
- Look for the invoice
If you still can’t find what you are looking for…
Remember to check if the item(s) that you are looking for might not have been accidentally deleted. While viewing the Inventory list, click on the Garbage bin icon to display deleted items. Once you find the item, click on the Arrow next to the Garbage bin icon to restore it.